Saturday 19 May 2012

CHEER SPIRIT

Loving the shit out of this. I am definitely an ambassador for the kitsch 70's school girl sports vibe we see going on here. The perfect depiction of girl sprouts (similar genre to that of a Lolita) and looming womanhood illustrated by sneaky splashes of leopard skin paired back with florals, cheerleader team skirts and stripy socks. I feel like the only thing thats missing is a pair of Tennesse Thomas Saddle Shoes. I found this shoot in the depths of Rookie Mag, the lovechild online zine of the divine prodigy Miss Tavi Gelvinson who seems to just get better and better with age (she's still only like, 17). It is styled by Petra and was published as a back to school special. Speaking of school, yours truly should probably be getting her school on, Monday is near and my pencil is still sharp. But what the heck, I'll pull out my cheerleader outfit and dance around to some Wanda Jackson instead. Doo doo doo.











No comments:

Post a Comment