Thursday 11 October 2012

LULA, GIRL OF MY DREAMS

"On A Throne In The Sky" from Lula F/W 12/13

Lula is the one and only magazine I will buy, come rain hail or shine, the others, how do I say it, the others are just coffee-table blow-ins. I do like The Gentlewoman for the articles and a few of the shoots are fantastic. Russh is a good faithful, but sometimes, sometimes it's a hit and a miss (exemplified by the latest cover). Vogue, Bizarre, the only times you find your way into my life is when I steal you from the doctors or the dentist... But Lula, ah yes Lula, your place shall always be reserved not only on my bookshelf, but in my heart. I love how every page exudes an element of magic and performance, the way I just love to see the world! The latest issue features The Citizens Band,  a vaudeville big band spiced with a political conscience, Alice and Wonderland - the musical opera! Girls, my all time new favourite show in world and an interview with Wes Anderson's new child prodigy, Kara Hayward, not to mention a smorgasbord of fantastical shoots curated and styled by the wondrous Leith Clark. Delicious!

No comments:

Post a Comment