Wednesday 25 July 2012

SNAPSHOT // MELBOURNE

A few weekends ago I made my way down to Melbourne town to visit a dear friend, taking full advantage of the insanely cheap tickets a certain airline (grrr) had on offer (you certainly get what you pay for, but it is nothing that the soul can't endure for less that 2 hours). I had forgotten what Sydney's southern cousin was like, with all her secret alleys and kind folk that all seem to hang out in the never-ending scroll of cafes, restaurants and bars. I think the city has a sense of wonder and magic to it, perhaps it's because there are so many nooks and hideouts uncharted by my fancy footwork, but every time I found some cute little shop or gallery, it felt like I was unlocking a treasure map - Alice Euphemia: heaven on earth? The only thing that got me down was the damned cold that not even 3 pairs of stockings could combat! I will certainly be taking more weekend sojourns in the summer to drink cider in pots and pints and smoke endless cigarettes through misty windows. 









Photos: Mixed Business, the most amazing breakfast since sliced bread turned into toast and added sides. Set in a converted antiques warehouse, this dear little cafe has all the farmhouse charm in the world. We sat outside, clutching hot cups of chai until a plate of wonder was revealed to us. What we ate? Oh my god... Rosemary potato roti with poached eggs, oven roasted tomatoes, feta, avocado, tomato relish, greek beans with parmesan accompanied with soy and linseed toast buttered to perfection. I was desperate to try the waffles and maple ice-cream as dessert, but alas, my poor stomach cried out in pain.

A few outfit snaps from the weekend; on the left I am wearing my boyfriends Fillipa K striped tee, A.P.C denim mini that I can't get enough of, A.P.C multi-strap wedges with a vintage Trench. On the right, Isabel Marant print Dress, Acne Leather Jacket and the same trusty cloppers. 

The last photos are at Pope Joan, I can't remember where it was! but the breakfast was delish. I had a bowl of rice porridge with candied macadamias and a mixed fruit juice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment